Many women have difficulty getting pregnant, no matter how hard they try. And this could be down to numerous potential reasons and both sexes can be affected. This means that many people are unable to fulfil their dream of starting their own families.
The good news is that modern medicine has come to the rescue with treatments that help otherwise infertile couples get pregnant. Perhaps the most common of these treatments is in vitro fertilisation, which is better known as IVF.
This leads to the question of how much IVF costs, which we will explore in this article.
How Much Is 1 Round Of IVF?
How much 1 round of IVF will cost you will vary considerably on circumstances such as your location and the precise nature of your infertility. Regardless, the process is not usually cheap and in Britain, for example, just 1 round of IVF can cost £5,000 or more.
Such numbers will make IVF out of the financial reach of most people, especially considering multiple attempts are often necessary. However, prices are more affordable in some other countries, while you can also find less costly alternatives.
What Is a Cheaper Option Than IVF?
One of the most commonly used alternatives to IVF is intrauterine insemination (IUI). IUI is a simpler process than IVF, which helps to keep the cost down. It also has other benefits such as a faster cycle, meaning you can try again sooner after an unsuccessful attempt.
The process involves ‘washing’ semen to increase the concentration of healthy sperm and then inserting the sperm into the womb. This option is often used when the cause of infertility comes from the male.
You will also find numerous other fertility treatments available but it pays to be careful. No matter which method you use, check first that it’s thoroughly safe and only use highly reputable clinics with a strong track record.
In Which Country Is IVF Cheapest?
Currently, Iran is the cheapest country for IVF. It is also among the best in terms of the quality of service, with the country known as one of the world’s leading IVF centres. Greece is another affordable location for IVF treatment, while many people are flocking to Thailand for lower costs.
Of course, you will also need to take into account flights and accommodation, etc and you will need to take time off work. As such, many people who travel overseas for IVF treatment will also use the opportunity to take a vacation.
Which Country Is Best For IVF?
Pretty much any developed country will offer quality IVF services but, as mentioned, the price can be a problem. The good news is that some less affluent countries also offer quality IVF services with help from private investment.
Because of differences between economies and exchange rates, these less affluent countries can offer professional services at a lower price. And they can achieve this without sacrificing on the quality of the service they offer.
IVF and Thailand
Recent years have seen Thailand arise to be one of the world’s main destinations for getting medical treatment, known as medical tourism. The country has earned this reputation for some very good reasons, which include the following:
- Cost: Cost is one of the main factors that bring people to Thailand for treatment. Here, you can expect 5-start treatment in modern facilities as good as anywhere else in the world at affordable prices.
- High Medical Standards: Your personal safety is always the most important factor where any medical treatment is concerned. As such, it’s always best to choose professional clinics that insist on high standards. Medical professionals in Thailand are trained to the highest of standards, for your safety and to give you a better chance of a successful outcome.
- Accommodation and Infrastructure: Thai urban centres like Bangkok have no shortage of accommodation options. As a major tourism destination, the city has a wide range to choose from, including budget options and 5-star luxury resorts.
- Tourism: Thailand offers some of the world’s most incredible experiences, from paradise islands to the bustling streets of Bangkok. If you choose Thailand for IVF treatment, then you can also get to see first-hand why Thailand is one of the world’s most visited countries.
What is Mini IVF?
IVF involves the use of fertility medication that encourages the ovaries to produce more eggs than usual, thus increasing the chances of success. However, this will mean frequent visits to the clinic and the medication can cause some unwelcome symptoms.
Mini IVF is almost identical to standard IVF, except less medication is used. The medication can also be taken orally, as opposed to injections that standard IVF uses, meaning fewer trips to the clinic and lower costs.
Mini IVF will be appealing to many people in Thailand for the lower costs and having more time to see more of the beautiful country.
Is IVF Safe?
Yes, IVF is a safe treatment. Most approaches have been well-practised and are more or less routine, making complications a rarity. However, there are some downsides to the treatment, which include but are not limited to the following:
- Tissue Damage: IVF practitioners are typically fully trained and experienced, making them highly competent in their role. But this does not rule out the possibility that the instruments used can damage internal tissues. However, any damage is usually relatively easy to treat and presents no cause for concern.
- Medication Symptoms: As mentioned, IVF uses medication to encourage the ovaries to produce more eggs than usual. This medication can cause symptoms that will make some people feel quite unwell, although the symptoms will pass with no harm done.
- Multiple Pregnancies: IVF procedures typically use more than one egg to increase the chances one will fertilize. However, more than one of the eggs can fertilize, leading to pregnancy with more than one child. This might sound like a dream to some, while others would prefer to have only 1.
As you look for IVF clinics in Thailand or elsewhere, you will likely find cheaper options that can be tempting to go for. However, these are usually best avoided because the standard of service is likely to be lower.
Regardless of cost, you should always research a clinic first to ensure you get a safe service that gives you the best chance of success. You will likely find many reviews online regarding particular clinics, and you can also ask the clinic itself about its history and experience.
IVF is a safe treatment that helps women get pregnant who are struggling to conceive through sexual intercourse. While it’s not perfect, IVF patients still have a good chance of success, but many will need to undergo more than one cycle.
The cost of IVF varies wildly, although the service is typically more expensive in developed countries. As such, many people go overseas for more affordable treatment in modern and often luxurious facilities. Thailand is one such country and is a leading medical tourism destination.
If you have any questions regarding IVF treatment then the team at First Fertility Clinic will be happy to answer them for you. We will also be happy to ask any questions regarding staying in Thailand during your treatment.